Easy as ABC! This super-easy, tasty and guilty free recipe will blow your mind. I made this for my weekly meal prep, sometimes you are in a rush and need a fulfilling and nutrient-dense breakfast. You can make this ahead for the whole week or a couple of weeks and freeze them. I love the versatility of this recipe. You can use the same mixture to make bites and serve them as appetizers, to make a quiche or a savoury pie.
Feel free to change the veggies, you can use chopped broccoli, spinach, bell peppers, uuuh jalapeños (insert drooling emoji here) anything you want!
You can find chickpea flour at the grocery store. This a very common ingredient in Indian cuisine. You can find it under the name of besan or gram flour. It is so cheap! I bought one bag of 2 kg (4.40 lbs) for $6.99. It is a great alternative for GF recipes.
1 1/2 cups of chickpea flour
1 scoop of protein powder, I used unflavoured Iron Vegan (if you don't have this in your pantry, add 1/4 cup of chickpea flour)
2 1/4 cups of water
1 cup of grilled artichoke
6 pieces of sundried tomatoes
2 cups of spinach
1tsp of baking powder
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
6Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp of salt
1/4 cup of vegan parmesan cheese
Let's make magic in the kitchen!
1. Preheat the oven to 420 degrees.
2. In a medium mixing bowl the chickpea flour, protein powder, baking powder, salt. Then add water, apple cider vinegar and olive oil, whisk until there are no lumps. Let the mixture rest for 2 hours. If you don't want to wait, you can use a blender to make it quicker.
3. Grease a mini loaf pan with olive oil. You can use a muffin/cupcake pan or a mini muffin pan to make bites!
4. Chop the artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes and spinach. Add them to the chickpea flour mixture and mix, combine well.
5. Spoon the mixture evenly into the tins, you can use an ice cream scoop. Top with some vegan parmesan cheese. Bake in the preheated oven 30 to 35 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool before serving.